Welcome Erasmus students!
Dear student, the University for Foreigners Perugia, one of the oldest and most prestigious Institutions in Italy in the field of teaching Italian language and culture to foreigners, is proud to welcome you in a unique reality, where Italian and foreign students are called to live in a multiethnic environment, taking full advantage of the best conditions for their studies in such international context. The personnel of the Erasmus and International Mobility office will be constant reference for you throughout all your stay, to help you to live and important experience of study and formation. We hope that these webpages, containing a lot of useful information on our University and services of our city, can help you in settling in our reality. The staff of the Erasmus and International mobility office.
How to sign up at the University for Foreigners Perugia
Step 1 - Nomination by your home university
Erasmus students must be officially nominated by email (addressed to: email@example.com) by the Erasmus coordinator of the Home University. The nomination must necessarily specify:
- name and surname of the nominated student + date and place of birth
- intended mobility period
- are of study
Upon reception of the nomination incoming students will receive an email from our Erasmus office detailing the application procedures, deadline and all relevant information concerning the mobility period.
Step 2 - Application documents
- Application Form (signed and stamped by the home institution)
- Learning Agreement (signed and stamped by the home institution)
- copy of the identity document
- copy of the European Health Card (TEAM) for sanitary assistance
Along with the Erasmus application documents students must also complete the application procedure related to the enrolment in the ordinary courses in Italian language and culture, following the guided online procedure.
These documents are to be sent by e-mail as a scanned document to firstname.lastname@example.org and lately by post to:
Servizio Relazioni internazionali, Erasmus e mobilità
Università per Stranieri di Perugia
06123 Perugia (Italy)
Erasmus incoming students are exempted from the payment of the enrolment fee for the ordinary courses in Italian language and culture.
Step 3 - Confirmation
Students' acceptance is conditional to the receipt of all the required forms mentioned above. In case of need students will be provided with an official letter of acceptance and a copy of the learning agreement – before mobility duly approved.
Stay for the entire academic year: 31 July 2018
Stay for the first six month period: 31 July 2018
Stay for the second six month period: 31 December 2018
Applications incomplete or received after the official deadline might not be accepted.
Academic calendar 2018 - 19
- 1st six month period:
from 1 October to 21 December 2018
- 2nd six month period:
from 4 March to 31 May 2019
The final exams of the subjects pertaining to the Degree and Master Degree courses will take place in the following periods:
- 1st six month period: January/February 2019 (dates will be communicated by the professors along the courses)
- 2nd six month period: June/July 2019 (dates will be communicated by the professors along the courses
Students are offered the possibility of applying for a place in the University Residences cared by the Adisu (Agency for the Right of Study in Umbria) at advantageous prices.
The number of available places is limited and the final decision will be communicated by the Adisu officers following the submission of an official request forwarded by the Erasmus office of UniStraPg upon written request of incoming students.
Students interested in applying for a place are advised to contact us at erasmus@unistrapg at least one month prior to the beginning of the mobility period.
Alternatively students can look for their accommodation by the means of the following services:
Courses on offer
Erasmus incoming students at the University for Foreigners Perugia are offered the opportunity to attend all the courses activated in the following areas:
First level Degree courses:
- Comunicazione Internazionale e Pubblicitaria (Comip)
- Lingua e Cultura Italiana (Lici)
- Made in Italy, Cibo e Ospitalità (MICO)
Second level Degree courses:
- Comunicazione pubblicitaria, storytelling e cultura d'immagine (Compsi)
- Relazioni internazionali e cooperazione allo sviluppo (Rics)
- Italiano per l'insegnamento a stranieri (Itas)
- Promozione dell'Italia e del Made in Italy (Primi)
- Traduzione e intepretariato per l'internazionalizzazione dell'impresa (Trin)
ECTS course list 2018/19 - NEW (students are invited to check if the courses indicated in the learning agreement will be available in the mobility semester)
Ordinary courses in Italian language and culture for foreigners (Free of charge for Erasmus students of the Universitt for Foreigners Perugia)
Courses taught in English language (offered in cooperation with The Umbra Institute) - TO BE ANNOUNCED
Please note: courses offered by The Umbra Institute will take place in the following period:
Fall semester: early september to december 2018
Spring semester: early January to april 2018
The attendance of the classes is compulsory and student can apply for a maximum of 3 subjects. Umbra Institute can accept up to 7 students. A good knowledge of the English language (minimum B2) is mandatory.
Every Degree and Master Degree course on offer has its own Erasmus tutor. The tutor provides support to erasmus incoming students when students need to finalize the choise of the subjects they intend to follow and change to the original learning agreement.
Erasmus students are invited to contact the Erasmus tutors upon their arrival in order to arrange a meeting to discuss the personal study plan.
LINK to the tutors contacts list
The schedule of the courses on offer is available at this LINK.
The overall list of the subjects available in each semester is published a few days before the beginning of the academic semester, so students are advised to check the availability of the subjects indicated in their learning agreement immediately after their arrival in Perugia and fill in the “changes to the learning agreement” within 30 days by the Erasmus star.
Since you might decide to choose subjects from several semesters and different degree programs, it is likely that you will have time clashes. Since the attendance of the classes is only required for some few subjects, we recommend talking with the teachers of each subjects at the beginning of the courses in order to receive the necessary information about the exam, the course program and all other useful information.
IMPORTANT: Students are invited to read carefully the document "Steps to fill in the Learning Agreement for studies"
Students with a poor knowledge of the Italian laguage (A1 and A2) are invited to attend courses in Italian language and Culture. The minimum level recommended for incoming student to attend classes of Degree courses is B1.
Before coming to Italy, please make sure that you have the following documents:
Citizens from EU Member Countries:
- identity card or passport (valid for the entire period of stay abroad)
- assignment declaration for the LLP/Erasmus mobility grant
- E111 form or European Health Card (TEAM) for medical assistance
Citizens of non-EU member countries (Turkey):
- passport + visa for a stay lasting more than three months. In this case it is compulsory to obtain an entrance visa to Italy, issued by the Italian Embassy in various countries
- assignment declaration for the LLP/Erasmus mobility grant
- private health insurance for medical assistance in Italy
Upon arrival in Perugia please:
- come directly to the Erasmus office to begin the registration procedure with the University for Foreigners Perugia
- within 8 days of entering the country go to the Police Registration Office (Ufficio della Questura) and apply for a permit of stay
- within 30 days of entering students who intend to make changes to the approved learning agreement must fill in and submit the "changes form to the original learning agreement"
(it mut be necessarily be approved by the Erasmus coordinator of the Home Institution)
The Erasmus Office will be your reference point for the solution of all practical, administrative and logistic problems that may arise during your stay in Perugia
Students are advised not to request teachers to postpone or advance the dates of the exams officially set and comminicated on the official website of the University since it is not absolutely allowed.