Dear exchange student, the University for Foreigners in Perugia, one of the oldest and most prestigious Institutions in Italy in the field of teaching Italian language and culture to foreigners, is proud to welcome you in a unique reality, where Italian and foreign students are called to live in a multiethnic environment, taking full advantage of the best conditions for their studies in such international context.
The personnel of the Erasmus program and International mobility office will be constant reference for you throughout all your stay, to help you to live an important experience of study and information.
How to apply: necessary documents
- Application Form
- Transcript of Records
- Nomination letter (To be released by the International Office of the Home University) which must include:
- Name, Surname, date of birth, home address of the student
- Period of stay at the Host Institution (from…to…) and kind of course to undertake
- Contacts of the student (email, phone)
- Copy of the passport
- Two passport-sized pictures
Upon reception of the above mentioned documents, the following documents will be sent by post:
- Official certificate of pre-inscription to the courses, including the official dates of the courses
- Acceptance letter of the University for Foreigners in Perugia as an exchange student.
These documents are necessary to start the procedure to get the Visa to enter Italy.
Application documents should be submitted at least two months before the beginning of the exchange mobility period.
Exchange students at the University for Foreigners Perugia are offered the opportunity to attend all the courses activated in the following areas
- Ordinary Courses in Italian Language and Culture for Foreigners (link)
Courses in Italian language and culture are available at all levels; studewnts with no knowledge or a minimum knowledge of the Italian language and strongly invited to follow the language courses during the mobility period.
- First level degree courses:
- Second level degree courses:
- Italiano per l'insegnamento a Stranieri (Itas)
- Relazione internazionali e cooperazione allo sviluppo (Rics)
- Comunicazione Pubblicitaria, Storytelling e Cultura d'Immagine (Compsi)
- Promozione dell'Italia e del Made in Italy (Primi)
- Traduzione e Interpretariato per l'Internazionalizzazione d'Impresa (Trin)
The overall list of the subjects available in each semester is published a few days before the beginning of the academic semester. Students are advised to check the availability of the subjects immediately after their arrival in Perugia in order to confirm their study plan officially.
Courses are taught in Italian (only a limited number of subjects will be offered in English).
Please note: Students with a poor knowledge of the Italian language (A1 and A2) are invited to attend courses in Italian language and Culture. The minimum level recommended for incoming student to attend classes of Degree courses is B1.
Academic calendar 2017/18
Fall term (1st six month period): from 2 October to 22 December 2017
Spring term (2nd six month period): From 1 March to 1 June 2018
Courses in Italian language and culture:
Courses in Italian language and Culture (lasting one month, two months, or three months) are held all year round, from January to December. At the end of each course, after passing the final examination, students receive an Italian Language Certificate.
Click here to find the schedule of the courses run in the 2017
Students are offered the possibility of applying for a place in the University Residences cared by the Adisu (Agency for the Right of Study in Umbria) at advantageous prices.
The number of available places is limited and the final decision will be communicated by the Adisu officers following the submission of an official request forwarded by the Erasmus office of UniStraPg upon written request of incoming students.
Students interested in applying for a place are advised to contact us at erasmus@unistrapg at least two months prior to the beginning of the mobility period.
Alternatively students can look for their accommodation by the means of the following services: