Candidates holding a degree equivalent to a secondary school diploma, achieved after 12 years of school have access to three-year degree courses.
The diploma must permit access to a University course similar to that wherein the candidate intends to enroll in Italy, also in the country of origin of the candidate.
The candidates who have a High School Diploma obtained after 10 or 11 years of schooling must submit, in addition to the diploma of secondary education, the academic certification. This document in case of 11 years of schooling will state that they have passed all the exams required for the first year at the university in their own country, and, in the case of 10 years of schooling, stating they passed all exams required for the first two years at the university in their own country.
The academic certification allows enrollment in the first academic year and the shortening of the academic career, only in the case where the duration of university attendance is higher than the period allowed to integrate term time missing.
Applicants from countries where there is a special university entrance examination (proof of academic eligibility), must submit, in addition to the diploma of secondary education, the certification for that examination specifying the grade obtained.
The applications for pre-registration of candidates who, at the time of submission of the application, in their last year of schooling have yet to take final leaving exams and also, if applicable under local norms, have to take a special examination for academic eligibility.
Documents are to be handed to the University together with the pre-enrollment application for an undergraduate program
- final title or leaving certificate of the original secondary school, with indication of the final grade or replacement certificate to all legal purposes; certificate certifying evidence of academic eligibility when requested by national norms
- certificate attesting the partial academic studies already made if the qualification was achieved at the end of a period of less than 12 years of schooling. In case of request for course abbreviation, the certificate must specify the exams passed and be accompanied by the official documentation and the programs of the examinations
- diplomas or certificates of proficiency in Italian
- 2 passport photos in color, one of which authenticated by the Italian diplomatic representation responsible for the area
- photocopy of an identity document not expired
- declaration of value*
*The statement of value is a certificate ascertaining and validating the qualification of secondary school and gives title to the owner of the certificate to access university courses in the issuing country. This declaration must be requested at the Italian diplomatic representation in the applicant’s country of jurisdiction.
All documents in a foreign language required for pre-registration must be legalized by the Italian Embassy and translated into Italian.
The translation can be done by local translators and students must apply to the Italian diplomatic representative, responsible for the area, certifying the compliance of the translation to the original.
Foreign students admitted, like Italian students must take an entrance admission exam, not to be confused with the Italian language test. The exam will take place on 2 September 2015. Information on admission, modality, date and venue may be obtained from Ufficio Orientamento (orientamento (at) unistrapg.it).
For further information see the ‘Manifesto of Students’.