Abstract submission date: June 15th 2021
Submissions for Gentes 8/2021 are now open. Anyone wishing to submit a contribution can send their paper (minimum 20.000 characters-maximum 50.000 characters, including spaces) by August 30, 2021. Prior to submission, please send an abstract (maximum 1000 characters, spaces included) by June 15, 2021.
The issue (n. VIII/2021) will be dedicated to the theme “Health, Illness and Beauty from the Renaissance to the Modern Times”. It is the subject of the conference organized by the International Center for Renaissance studies which took place at the University for Foreigners, Perugia, in May 2018. The papers will focus on this topic, though essays can tackle other themes related to Renaissance and Modernity.
Gentes Gentes is made of four sections:
- In “Interdisciplinary Views” we welcome contributions that thematize interdisciplinarity, or that report results coming from multi-perspective approach based researches.
- “Linguistic Communication Workshops” is dedicated to languages and to language as a communication tool, as well as to ongoing projects and studies on language learning and acquisition, also in an educational prospect.
- In “Strategies and Practices of Contemporary Cultures”, aspects of individual disciplinary fields are explored from a perspective that favours contemporaneity as a reference timeframe, aiming to give voice to new learning theories and methods and trying to unlock new fields of research.
- Reviews, reports, interviews.
Each paper must be accompanied by:
- An abstract in the paper’s language as well as in English, to be sent by June 15, 2021.
- Keywords (4) in the paper’s language as well as in English.
- Indication of the section of the journal to which the paper is directed.
- The author's bio-bibliographic profile (maximum 10 lines).
Failing to comply to these requests will result in the rejection of the submission. The drafting of the text must be conformed to the editorial guidelines of the journal. Papers in a different format will not be taken into consideration. All papers will be sent for peer review by two external referees for this journal following a double blind method. Papers will be marked by each referee either as a) positive, b) positive with suggestions for improvement, c) negative. Results of the review will be communicated to authors in reasonable time to be able to make improvements to the text taking into account the reviewers’ suggestions
Papers can be sent as an attachment in .doc format to firstname.lastname@example.org. The e-mail’s object will need to include the author’s surname, the paper’s title and the journal’s section to which the paper is directed.
Reviews, reports, interviews
To submit a review, a brief report or an interview (maximum 10.000 characters) you can e-mail your file as an attachment, conformed to editorial standards and in .doc format, to email@example.com. The editorial board will communicate the acceptance of the submission in a short time